No Preview Available !
Laser Diode Driver with Serial Control and Write
The ISL58792 is a highly integrated, single supply laser diode
driver designed to support multi-standard writable optical drives
in CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray formats at various speeds. It is a ‘hybrid’
part having an interface compatible with a conventional LDD, but
an internal architecture similar to a write strategy LDD. This
combination adds versatility to the conventional interface.
The rise time, fall time and overshoot of all outputs are
adjustable to compensate for high and low resistance lasers.
The ISL58792 architecture includes dual write current banks,
which can be selected using the bank select line, BSEL. This
eliminates the need to synchronize the serial port to the media.
The oscillator is internally activated through program assignment
to attach to any WEN state.
The WEN lines have internal 100 terminators. There is a skew
detector on the WEN receiver outputs.
• Combination DVD, CD, and Blue Writable Drives
• BD Camcorders
• BD Video Recorders
• Compatible with all Conventional Controllers Having a Serial
Port, with Some Programming
• Programmable Snubber on all Outputs
• Compatible with Future Controllers Having Gray Coded WEN
Lines for Glitchless High-Speed Operation
• WEN Line Skew Detection
• 1000mA Maximum Total Write Output Current.
• 10-bit x 10-bit Multiplying DAC Output Provides 10-bit Full
Scale Adjustment and 10-bit Resolution at any Full Scale
• Three Laser Outputs Allow Read/Write DVD, CD, and Blue
• Single +5V Supply
• Analog Inputs Supports Read APC
• HFM Oscillator Programmable to 100mAP-P and Range from
100MHz to >1GHz
• Programmable HFM On, Off and Cooling Levels
• Programmable Spread Spectrum for Low EMI
• Built-in ADC to Sample Laser Voltage Allows Power Reduction
by Optimizing Headroom
• Built-in Thermal Sensor Aids in Thermal Design
• Serial Input Works up to 50MHz
• Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
December 14, 2015
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
No Preview Available !
Laser Diode Driver
www.DataSheet.jp | 2020 | メール | 最新 | Sitemap