No Preview Available !
Single Sync Buck PWM Controller for
Broadband Gateway Applications
The ISL6439 makes easy work out of implementing a
complete control and protection scheme for a DC/DC
step-down converter. Designed to drive N-Channel
MOSFETs in a synchronous buck topology, the ISL6439
integrates the control, output adjustment, monitoring and
protection functions into a single package.
The ISL6439 provides simple, single feedback loop, voltage-
mode control with fast transient response. The output
voltage can be precisely regulated to as low as 0.8V, with a
maximum tolerance of ±1.5% over temperature and line
voltage variations. A fixed frequency oscillator reduces
design complexity, while balancing typical application cost
The error amplifier features a 15MHz gain-bandwidth
product and 6V/μs slew rate which enables high converter
bandwidth for fast transient performance. The resulting
PWM duty cycles range from 0% to 100%.
Protection from overcurrent conditions is provided by
monitoring the rDS(ON) of the upper MOSFET to inhibit PWM
operation appropriately. This approach simplifies the
implementation and improves efficiency by eliminating the
need for a current sense resistor.
November 5, 2008
• Operates from 3.3V to 5V Input
• 0.8V to VIN Output Range
- 0.8V Internal Reference
- ±1.5% Over Load, Line Voltage and Temperature
• Drives N-Channel MOSFETs
• Simple Single-Loop Control Design
- Voltage-Mode PWM Control
• Fast Transient Response
- High-Bandwidth Error Amplifier
- Full 0% to 100% Duty Cycle
• Lossless, Programmable Overcurrent Protection
- Uses Upper MOSFET’s rDS(on)
• Converter can Source and Sink Current
• Small Converter Size
- Internal Fixed Frequency Oscillator
- ISL6439: 300kHz
- ISL6439A: 600kHz
• Internal Soft-Start
• 14 Pin SOIC or 16 Lead 5x5 QFN
• QFN Package:
- Compliant to JEDEC PUB95 MO-220 QFN - Quad Flat
No Lead - Package Outline
- Near Chip Scale Package footprint, which improves
PCB efficiency and has a thinner profile
• Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
• Cable Modems, Set Top Boxes, and DSL Modems
• DSP and Core Communications Processor Supplies
• Memory Supplies
• Personal Computer Peripherals
• Industrial Power Supplies
• 3.3V-Input DC/DC Regulators
• Low-Voltage Distributed Power Supplies
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright © Intersil Americas Inc. 2003-2004, 2008. All Rights Reserved.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheetlist.com/
No Preview Available !
www.DataSheet.jp | 2020 | メール | 最新 | Sitemap