No Preview Available !
Green Hybrid Digital Four Phase PWM Controller for
Intel VR12.5™ CPUs
The ISL95820 Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) controller IC
provides a complete low-cost solution for Intel VR12.5™
compliant microprocessor core power supplies. It provides the
control and protection for a Voltage Regulator (VR). The VR
incorporates 3 integrated drivers and can operate in 4-, 3-, 2-
or 1-phase configurations. The VR uses a serial control bus to
communicate with the CPU and achieve lower cost and smaller
The VR utilizes Intersil’s Robust Ripple Regulator R3
Technology™. The R3™ modulator has many advantages
compared to traditional modulators, including faster transient
response, variable switching frequency in response to load
transients, and improved light load efficiency due to diode
emulation mode with load-dependent low switching frequency.
The ISL95820 has several other key features. It supports
either DCR current sensing with a single NTC thermistor for
DCR temperature compensation, or more precise resistor
current sensing if desired. The output comes with remote
voltage sense, programmable VBOOT voltage, IMAX, voltage
transition slew rate and switching frequency, adjustable
overcurrent protection and Power-Good signal.
• Serial data bus
• SMBus/PMBus/I2C interface with SVID conflict free
• Configurable 4-, 3-, 2- or 1-phase for the output using three
integrated gate drivers
• Green Hybrid Digital R3™ modulator
- Excellent transient response
- Phase shedding with power state selection
- Diode emulation in single-phase for high light-load
• 0.5% system accuracy over-temperature
• Supports multiple current sensing methods
- Lossless inductor DCR current sensing
- Precision resistor current sensing
• Differential remote voltage sensing
• Programmable VBOOT voltage at start-up
• Resistor programmable IMAX, load line, diode emulation,
slope compensation, and switching frequency
• Adaptive body diode conduction time reduction
• Intel VR12.5 desktop computers
February 4, 2013
FIGURE 1. SIMPLIFIED APPLICATION CIRCUIT
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2013. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) and R3 Technology are trademarks owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheet4u.net/
No Preview Available !
Green Hybrid Digital Four Phase PWM Controller
www.DataSheet.jp | 2019 | メール | 最新 | Sitemap