No Preview Available !
VERSATILE 10 SEC INSTANT
• Minimum 10 second voice length at 6 KHz
• Versatile features for playback
• Combination of voice building blocks
extends the duration of playback
• Voice data re-use saves memory space
• Four trigger pins, S1 to S4 for eight groups
• SBT for sequential play-all
• Holdable and unholdable, edge and level
• 15 ms debounce time suitable for CDS
• IRP interrupt pin for master reset
• Three programmable output pins for STP Stop
Pulse, BUSY Signal, and LED
• Built-in oscillator with variable sample rate
• Single external resistor to determine sample rate
• Built-in D/A converter, EPROM
• ADPCM data compression provides high sound
• Optional pop noise elimination function
• COUT pin drives speaker with a transistor
• VOUT1 and VOUT2 drives buzzer or speaker
• Auto-power down
• 2.4V-6V single power supply operation
• Low standby current (<5 µA at 3V)
• Development tools support
IS22C012 is a high quality voice synthesizer capable of
varying playback duration. A proprietary ADPCM algorithm
is used. The audio message is stored in a 256K bits on-
chip EPROM which can store up to ten seconds of voice
data at 6 KHz sample rate.
The IS22C012 eliminates the need of complicated circuitry
in voice playback but still achieves high voice quality.
Sounds such as human speech, animal sounds, musical
sounds and even special sound effects can be synthesized.
Versatile combinations in sections achieve longer playback
duration. In addition, devices can be cascaded to achieve
longer voice duration. Two devices can be configured in
parallel in order to achieve signal mixing without an external
mixer in which speech can be mixed with background
music each from one of two different chips.
Group of sections
The voice data memory area of the IS22C012 can be
subdivided into 124 sections. Any combination of these
sections will form an individual group for data playback. A
maximum of eight groups are available with activation
controlled by S1 to S4 pins. The SBT pin can be used to
trigger multiple groups playback in sequence.
Voice within each group are combinations of different fixed
memory sections of up to 124 sections. These sections are
the fundamental voice building blocks for arranging
playback without limiting sequencing. This provides
flexibility and allows data to be re-used, beneficial for
applications with many repeated sounds or words.
The IS22C012 provides wide operating voltage range
from 2.4V to 6.0V. PWM digital amplifier output pins, VOUT1
and VOUT2 provides direct drive to buzzer or speaker.
A current output pin, COUT, enables the device to drive a
speaker through a low cost NPN transistor. No complex
filtering or amplifier circuit is needed. An automatic ramp-
down function eliminates undesired noise at the end of
An example of group configuration is illustrated below:
Sec 1 + Sec 2 + Sec 3 ……. Sec 109
Sec 3 + Sec 2
Sec 10 + Sec 11 + Sec 12
Sec110 + Sec 10 + Sec 5
This specification contains ADVANCE INFORMATION data. ISSI reserves the right to make changes to its products at any time without notice in order to improve design and supply the best
possible product. We assume no responsibility for any errors which may appear in this publication. © Copyright 1999, Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc.
Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. — 1-800-379-4774
ADVANCE INFORMATION VP010-0B
DataSheet4 U .com
No Preview Available !
VERSATILE 10 SEC INSTANT VOICE ROM
www.DataSheet.jp | 2020 | メール | 最新 | Sitemap