No Preview Available !
To request the full datasheet, please visit www.intersil.com/products/isl58797
Laser Diode Driver with Write Current DAC and PDIC
The ISL58797 is a highly integrated, single supply laser diode
driver designed to support multi-standard writable optical drives
in CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray formats at various speeds. It is a ‘hybrid’
part having an interface compatible with a conventional LDD, but
an internal architecture similar to a write strategy LDD. This
combination adds versatility to the conventional interface. The
ISL58797 also features PDIC (OEIC) control pins; which help
reduce the signal lines on the Flex cables.
The rise time, fall time and overshoot of all outputs are
adjustable to compensate for high and low resistance lasers.
The ISL58797 architecture includes dual write current banks,
which can be selected using the bank select line, BSEL. This
eliminates the need to synchronize the serial port to the media.
The oscillator is internally activated through program assignment
to attach to any WEN state.
The WEN lines have internal 100Ω termination resistors. There is
a skew detector on the WEN receiver outputs.
• Combination DVD, CD, and Blue Writable Drives
• BD Camcorders
• BD Video Recorders
• Compatible with all Conventional Controllers Having a Serial
Port, with Some Programming
• Programmable Snubber on all Outputs
• PDIC (OEIC) Control Pins
• Compatible with Controllers Having Gray Coded WEN Lines for
Glitchless High-Speed Operation
• WEN Line Skew Detection
• 1000mA Maximum Total Write Output Current
• 10-bit x 10-bit Multiplying DAC Output Provides 10-bit
Full-Scale Adjustment and 10-bit Resolution at any Full-Scale
• Three Laser Outputs Allow Read/Write DVD, CD, and Blue
• Single +5V Supply
• Analog Inputs Supports Slope and Read APC
• HFM Oscillator Programmable to 100mAP-P and Range from
100MHz to >1GHz
• Programmable HFM On, Off and Cooling Levels
• Programmable Spread Spectrum for Low EMI
• Built-in ADC to Sample Laser Voltage Allows Power Reduction
by Optimizing Headroom
• Built-in Thermal Sensor Aids in Thermal Design
• Serial Input Works up to 50MHz
• Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
April 26, 2012
FIGURE 1. SIMPLIFIED BLOCK DIAGRAM
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
No Preview Available !
Laser Diode Driver
www.DataSheet.jp | 2020 | メール | 最新 | Sitemap