No Preview Available !
Laser Diode Driver with Serial Control and Write
The ISL58781 is a highly integrated laser diode driver
designed to support multi-standard writable optical
drives in CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray at various speeds. It is a
‘hybrid’ part having an interface compatible with a
conventional LDD, but an internal architecture similar to
a write strategy LDD. This combination adds versatility to
the conventional interface.
The rise and fall times and overshoot of the blue output
are adjustable to compensate for high and low resistance
There are two banks of write currents with a bank select
line, BSEL. This eliminates the need to synchronize the
serial port to the media.
The oscillator can be controlled by external LVDS lines, or
internally activated through program assignment to any
The WEN lines have internal 100Ω terminators. There is a
skew detector on the WEN receiver outputs.
The ISL58781 requires a single 5V supply.
• Compatible with all Conventional Controllers Having
a Serial Port, with Some Programming
• Programmable Snubber on all Outputs
• Compatible with Future Controllers Having Gray
Coded WEN Lines for Glitchless High-Speed
• WEN Line Skew Detection
• 1000mA Maximum Total Output
• 10-bit x 10-bit Multiplying DAC Output Provides
10-bit Full Scale Adjustment and 10-bit Resolution at
any Full Scale Output
• Three Laser Outputs Allow Read/Write DVD, CD, and
• Analog Inputs Supports Read APC
• HFM Oscillator Programmable to 100mAP-P and
Range from 100MHz to >1GHz
• Programmable HFM On, Off and Cooling Levels
• Programmable Spread Spectrum for Low EMI
• Built-in ADC to Sample Laser Voltage Allows Power
Reduction by Optimizing Headroom
• Built-in Thermal Sensor Aids in Thermal Design
• Serial Input Works up to 50MHz
• Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
• Combination DVD, CD, and Blue Writable Drives
• BD Camcorders
• BD Video Recorders
December 3, 2015
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
No Preview Available !
Laser Diode Driver
www.DataSheet.jp | 2020 | メール | 最新 | Sitemap