ADJUSTABLE PRECISION SHUNT REGULATOR
The TL431 and TL432 are three terminal adjustable shunt
regulators offering excellent temperature stability and output
current handling capability up to 100mA. The output voltage
may be set to any chosen voltage between 2.5 and 36 volts
by selection of two external divider resistors.
The devices can be used as a replacement for zener diodes
in many applications requiring an improvement in zener
performance. Diodes’ TL431 has the same electrical
specifications as the industry standard ‘431 and is available
in 2 grades with initial tolerances of 1% and 0.5% for the
A and B grades respectively.
• Temperature range -40 to +125ºC
• Reference Voltage Tolerance at 25°C
• TL431A: 2.495V ± 1.0%
• TL431B: 2.495V ± 0.5%
• Low Output Noise
• 0.2Ω Typical Output Impedance
• Sink Current Capability: 1mA to 100mA
• Adjustable Output Voltage: VREF to 36V
• All devices are:
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS compliant
(Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device
Leave floating or
connect to pin 5
SO-8 is a future product
• Opto-Coupler Linearisers
• Shunt Regulators
• Improved Zener
• Variable Reference
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen and Antimony free,
"Green" and Lead-Free.
3. Halogen and Antimony free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
*SO-8 is a future package
Document number: DS35044 Rev. 6 - 2
1 of 14
© Diodes Incorporated